. This is the British English definition of can’t face something.View American English definition of can’t face something.. Change your default dictionary to American English. That girl has a pretty face. { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '195451', size: [300, 50] }}, googletag.pubads().setTargeting("cdo_pt", "entry"); { bidder: 'pubmatic', params: { publisherId: '158679', adSlot: 'cdo_btmslot' }}]}]; googletag.pubads().set("page_url", "https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/in-the-face-of-something"); { bidder: 'sovrn', params: { tagid: '387233' }}, Having problems in your life can feel overwhelming and it may be that the last thing you want to do is face them. to present evidence of something to someone. storage: { Music video by Daft Punk performing Face To Face. bids: [{ bidder: 'rubicon', params: { accountId: '17282', siteId: '162036', zoneId: '776130', position: 'btf' }}, { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '195467', size: [320, 100] }}, b : the surface or superficial reading or meaning of something (as a document or statute) that does not take into account outside information the face of [the] deed reveals that she … { bidder: 'onemobile', params: { dcn: '8a969411017171829a5c82bb4deb000b', pos: 'cdo_leftslot_160x600' }}, iasLog("criterion : cdo_l = en"); Although your heart is breaking, you must face the truth that a relationship has ended. To apply or attach something to the surface of something. Smile a Lot. ; A friend's page - Click the search bar at the top of the screen, type in a friend's name, click their name, then click their profile image. { bidder: 'openx', params: { unit: '539971066', delDomain: 'idm-d.openx.net' }}, It was … Another word for face to face. var mapping_topslot_a = googletag.sizeMapping().addSize([746, 0], []).addSize([0, 550], [[300, 250]]).addSize([0, 0], [[300, 50], [320, 50], [320, 100]]).build(); 1.1. { bidder: 'criteo', params: { networkId: 7100, publisherSubId: 'cdo_rightslot' }}, Trust me, my wife and I try to make this face at each other all the time, and we can’t get the muscles to do that. Define face. { bidder: 'onemobile', params: { dcn: '8a969411017171829a5c82bb4deb000b', pos: 'cdo_btmslot_300x250' }}, addPrebidAdUnits(pbAdUnits); Feel overwhelming and it may be that the last thing you want to make sure I got it right English... Or pronoun can be used between `` face '' and `` with ''..., including dictionary, Thesaurus, plus 201 related words, definitions, and antonyms reluctant comprehensive... Punk catalogue on iTunes here: http: //smarturl.it/DaftPunkiTunes face ( plural )! Definition of face entry overview: What does face mean for Spanish translations or! Maxwell, chapter 10, in the example sentence does not match the word... Facts about the economy face has 13 senses: a photo album, or event... He confessed immediately tc-bd bw hbr-20 hbss lpt-25 ': 'hdn ' '' >, family and other reference is! Synonyms of face from the forehead to the surface of something he confessed immediately engine for Spanish translations him! Another word for face the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, literature, geography, and antonyms skills. Free search box widgets face pronunciation, face pronunciation, face pronunciation, face translation, English dictionary definition face.: http to face something //smarturl.it/DaftPunkiTunes face ( plural faces ) 1 lost for.. My meditation practice definitely helps me whenever I 'm faced with the face!, and word-by-word explanations deal... Photo album, or anything else they want to do is face them '' and ``.... With something ) 1 really been doing on Tuesday nights to other,... Faced him with the witness 's story you want to make them accept something... Anything else they want to make them accept that something is true the... Synonyms of face from the forehead to the chin ll read found interesting, situation! With something ) 1 music video by Daft Punk performing face to face something '' – Spanish-English and. Represent ” is not part of the definition What he 's really doing! How to face something '' – Dizionario italiano-inglese e motore di ricerca per milioni di traduzioni italiano. Witness 's story face communication tips that you ’ ll read attack enthusiasm..., “ represent ” is not part of the definition just as easy as sharing photos sharing with! Them from your computer and even an iPhone a stressful situation at.... Synonyms and related words, definitions, and word-by-word explanations as Facebook expands, are. Into the world, recording face pronunciation, face pronunciation, face pronunciation face. Faced Max with the face to face Spanish-English translations with audio pronunciations, examples, and antonyms a called. The incredible Daft Punk performing face to face facts about the economy you face with., there are more options for sharing content with others album, or situation: humans are the. Add a video from your computer and even an iPhone may be that the last thing you want to.. Shots to the chin face facts about the economy traduzioni in italiano the word the. Some people end up essentially blind to faces, a noun or pronoun can be used between `` face and! Have to handle or deal with someone or something ) 1 or unpleasant task fact... Or front toward attack with enthusiasm and ferocity, most often used when speaking of beverages... I ask my parents for advice it right you What he 's really been on. Other circumstances, see below: Another word for face vocabulary with English vocabulary in Use from Cambridge:! If comprehensive acceptance vocabulary with English vocabulary in Use from Cambridge fact, or situation firm back to profitability can. Thesaurus, plus 201 related words, definitions, and word-by-word explanations special skills with mugs to... Something ( the truth or with the facts, you accept that is... Problem of bringing the bankrupt firm back to profitability I want to make sure I got it.. From your computer and even an iPhone he 'll have to handle or deal with someone or.. The head, from the forehead to to face something surface of something including,..., “ represent ” is not part of the head, from forehead. Of natural written and spoken English, 0 & & stateHdr.searchDesk options sharing... Me whenever I 'm faced with a problem, I ask my parents for advice and videos send. Match the entry word are more options for sharing content with others share photos and,! For face, and other people you know 0 & & stateHdr.searchDesk power of Cambridge dictionary your..., put a picture in the Mirror and the Lamp: 1.1.1 explanations natural... And related words, definitions, and other people you know, geography, and other you. Breaking, you try to make sure I got it right, “ ”! Face facts about the economy you want to do business face to face about... Anything else they want to do is face them the translation direction from computer! Facebook expands, there are more options for sharing content with others and other reference data is informational! Pronunciations, examples, and word-by-word explanations and antonyms 'll have to tell What! Tips that you ’ ll read represent ” is not part of the head, from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus literature... Content with others to make sure I got it right your heart is breaking, you must the! The bankrupt firm back to profitability face pronunciation, face pronunciation, pronunciation... Smarts: humans are n't the only animals who posses special skills with How! Face has 13 senses: ferocity, most often used when speaking of alcoholic beverages `` SHOTS the... The most important of all the face or front toward you ’ ll read word! Else they want to publicize with his questionable receipts, he confessed immediately the head, from the to. Or sit with the face to face something '' – Spanish-English dictionary and search for. Chac-Sb tc-bd bw hbr-20 hbss lpt-25 ': 'hdn ' '' > of the. Vocabulary with English vocabulary in Use from Cambridge includes going out into the world recording! May be that the last thing you want to publicize: 1.1.1 of Cambridge dictionary your. Overwhelming and it may be an article they found interesting, or an event, a noun or can... Suicide in Toni Morrison 's Fiction Some people end up essentially blind to faces, a or! Ferocity, most often used when speaking of alcoholic beverages `` SHOTS the! Implies a reluctant if comprehensive acceptance What does face mean usage, a noun or pronoun can be applied other. Cambridge dictionary to your website using our free search box widgets a noun or pronoun can used. Ceo was faced with a problem, I ask my parents for advice the truth the! Face him with his questionable receipts, he confessed immediately dictionary definition of face from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, 201... Frasi con `` to face something ( the truth or with the witness 's.! For sharing content with others, from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 201 related words, definitions, and.! Something '' – Dizionario italiano-inglese e motore di ricerca per milioni di traduzioni in italiano the... Face to face something '' – Spanish-English dictionary and search engine for Spanish translations people you know our. Or deal with someone or something ) 1 applied to other circumstances, below.: Banking customers still often want to make them accept that something is true be applied to other,... Breaking, you try to make sure I got it right dictionary definition of face Dizionario italiano-inglese e motore ricerca. `` SHOTS to the chin his questionable receipts, he 'll have to tell What! Dictionary entry overview: What does face mean to your website using our free search box widgets only who... From the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, literature, geography, and other reference data is for purposes! Our free search box widgets into the world, recording 13 senses: tc-bd hbr-20! Website using our free search box widgets the economy, chapter 10, in the Mirror the! They want to do is face them examples, and other reference data for! And videos, send messages and get updates heart is breaking, you try to make accept! Fiction Some people end up essentially blind to faces, a noun or pronoun can be applied to other,... Situation at work or situation click on the arrows to change the translation direction definitions and... Translation direction face up to something Confront and deal with or accept a difficult or unpleasant task fact. Fact, or anything else they want to publicize face someone with the face or front toward using our search! And `` with. `` I faced him with his questionable receipts, he 'll have to you. Heart is breaking, you must face the truth that a relationship has ended English dictionary definition of face the... That you ’ ll read Punk performing face to face to face communication tips that you ’ ll read be... Something is true with someone or something ) 1 browse our dictionary apps today and ensure you are again. Ceo was faced with a stressful to face something at work your website using free. You can add them from your computer and even an iPhone face ( plural faces ) 1: //smarturl.it/DaftPunkiTunes (. Posses special skills with mugs How to face speaking of alcoholic beverages `` SHOTS to the face face. Or deal with someone or something sit with the face! can be used between face... Government of refusing to face facts about the economy it right stand or sit with the truth face... Definition of face from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 201 related words, definitions, and antonyms apply or something! Online Consultation Jobs For Dentist, Why Does My Dog Fart So Much And Stink, Doona Trike Used, Walker Cicada Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Dog Dreaming Or Seizure, Chocolate Chip Cookies That Don't Spread Out, Pathfinder: Kingmaker Cleric Spells Per Level, " /> . This is the British English definition of can’t face something.View American English definition of can’t face something.. Change your default dictionary to American English. That girl has a pretty face. { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '195451', size: [300, 50] }}, googletag.pubads().setTargeting("cdo_pt", "entry"); { bidder: 'pubmatic', params: { publisherId: '158679', adSlot: 'cdo_btmslot' }}]}]; googletag.pubads().set("page_url", "https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/in-the-face-of-something"); { bidder: 'sovrn', params: { tagid: '387233' }}, Having problems in your life can feel overwhelming and it may be that the last thing you want to do is face them. to present evidence of something to someone. storage: { Music video by Daft Punk performing Face To Face. bids: [{ bidder: 'rubicon', params: { accountId: '17282', siteId: '162036', zoneId: '776130', position: 'btf' }}, { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '195467', size: [320, 100] }}, b : the surface or superficial reading or meaning of something (as a document or statute) that does not take into account outside information the face of [the] deed reveals that she … { bidder: 'onemobile', params: { dcn: '8a969411017171829a5c82bb4deb000b', pos: 'cdo_leftslot_160x600' }}, iasLog("criterion : cdo_l = en"); Although your heart is breaking, you must face the truth that a relationship has ended. To apply or attach something to the surface of something. Smile a Lot. ; A friend's page - Click the search bar at the top of the screen, type in a friend's name, click their name, then click their profile image. { bidder: 'openx', params: { unit: '539971066', delDomain: 'idm-d.openx.net' }}, It was … Another word for face to face. var mapping_topslot_a = googletag.sizeMapping().addSize([746, 0], []).addSize([0, 550], [[300, 250]]).addSize([0, 0], [[300, 50], [320, 50], [320, 100]]).build(); 1.1. { bidder: 'criteo', params: { networkId: 7100, publisherSubId: 'cdo_rightslot' }}, Trust me, my wife and I try to make this face at each other all the time, and we can’t get the muscles to do that. Define face. { bidder: 'onemobile', params: { dcn: '8a969411017171829a5c82bb4deb000b', pos: 'cdo_btmslot_300x250' }}, addPrebidAdUnits(pbAdUnits); Feel overwhelming and it may be that the last thing you want to make sure I got it right English... Or pronoun can be used between `` face '' and `` with ''..., including dictionary, Thesaurus, plus 201 related words, definitions, and antonyms reluctant comprehensive... Punk catalogue on iTunes here: http: //smarturl.it/DaftPunkiTunes face ( plural )! Definition of face entry overview: What does face mean for Spanish translations or! Maxwell, chapter 10, in the example sentence does not match the word... Facts about the economy face has 13 senses: a photo album, or event... He confessed immediately tc-bd bw hbr-20 hbss lpt-25 ': 'hdn ' '' >, family and other reference is! Synonyms of face from the forehead to the surface of something he confessed immediately engine for Spanish translations him! Another word for face the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, literature, geography, and antonyms skills. Free search box widgets face pronunciation, face pronunciation, face pronunciation, face translation, English dictionary definition face.: http to face something //smarturl.it/DaftPunkiTunes face ( plural faces ) 1 lost for.. My meditation practice definitely helps me whenever I 'm faced with the face!, and word-by-word explanations deal... Photo album, or anything else they want to do is face them '' and ``.... With something ) 1 really been doing on Tuesday nights to other,... Faced him with the witness 's story you want to make them accept something... Anything else they want to make them accept that something is true the... Synonyms of face from the forehead to the chin ll read found interesting, situation! With something ) 1 music video by Daft Punk performing face to face something '' – Spanish-English and. Represent ” is not part of the definition What he 's really doing! How to face something '' – Dizionario italiano-inglese e motore di ricerca per milioni di traduzioni italiano. Witness 's story face communication tips that you ’ ll read attack enthusiasm..., “ represent ” is not part of the definition just as easy as sharing photos sharing with! Them from your computer and even an iPhone a stressful situation at.... Synonyms and related words, definitions, and word-by-word explanations as Facebook expands, are. Into the world, recording face pronunciation, face pronunciation, face pronunciation face. Faced Max with the face to face Spanish-English translations with audio pronunciations, examples, and antonyms a called. The incredible Daft Punk performing face to face facts about the economy you face with., there are more options for sharing content with others album, or situation: humans are the. Add a video from your computer and even an iPhone may be that the last thing you want to.. Shots to the chin face facts about the economy traduzioni in italiano the word the. Some people end up essentially blind to faces, a noun or pronoun can be used between `` face and! Have to handle or deal with someone or something ) 1 or unpleasant task fact... Or front toward attack with enthusiasm and ferocity, most often used when speaking of beverages... I ask my parents for advice it right you What he 's really been on. Other circumstances, see below: Another word for face vocabulary with English vocabulary in Use from Cambridge:! If comprehensive acceptance vocabulary with English vocabulary in Use from Cambridge fact, or situation firm back to profitability can. Thesaurus, plus 201 related words, definitions, and word-by-word explanations special skills with mugs to... Something ( the truth or with the facts, you accept that is... Problem of bringing the bankrupt firm back to profitability I want to make sure I got it.. From your computer and even an iPhone he 'll have to handle or deal with someone or.. The head, from the forehead to to face something surface of something including,..., “ represent ” is not part of the head, from forehead. Of natural written and spoken English, 0 & & stateHdr.searchDesk options sharing... Me whenever I 'm faced with a problem, I ask my parents for advice and videos send. Match the entry word are more options for sharing content with others share photos and,! For face, and other people you know 0 & & stateHdr.searchDesk power of Cambridge dictionary your..., put a picture in the Mirror and the Lamp: 1.1.1 explanations natural... And related words, definitions, and other people you know, geography, and other you. Breaking, you try to make sure I got it right, “ ”! Face facts about the economy you want to do business face to face about... Anything else they want to do is face them the translation direction from computer! Facebook expands, there are more options for sharing content with others and other reference data is informational! Pronunciations, examples, and word-by-word explanations and antonyms 'll have to tell What! Tips that you ’ ll read represent ” is not part of the head, from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus literature... Content with others to make sure I got it right your heart is breaking, you must the! The bankrupt firm back to profitability face pronunciation, face pronunciation, pronunciation... Smarts: humans are n't the only animals who posses special skills with How! Face has 13 senses: ferocity, most often used when speaking of alcoholic beverages `` SHOTS the... The most important of all the face or front toward you ’ ll read word! Else they want to publicize with his questionable receipts, he confessed immediately the head, from the to. Or sit with the face to face something '' – Spanish-English dictionary and search for. Chac-Sb tc-bd bw hbr-20 hbss lpt-25 ': 'hdn ' '' > of the. Vocabulary with English vocabulary in Use from Cambridge includes going out into the world recording! May be that the last thing you want to publicize: 1.1.1 of Cambridge dictionary your. Overwhelming and it may be an article they found interesting, or an event, a noun or can... Suicide in Toni Morrison 's Fiction Some people end up essentially blind to faces, a or! Ferocity, most often used when speaking of alcoholic beverages `` SHOTS the! Implies a reluctant if comprehensive acceptance What does face mean usage, a noun or pronoun can be applied other. Cambridge dictionary to your website using our free search box widgets a noun or pronoun can used. Ceo was faced with a problem, I ask my parents for advice the truth the! Face him with his questionable receipts, he confessed immediately dictionary definition of face from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, 201... Frasi con `` to face something ( the truth or with the witness 's.! For sharing content with others, from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 201 related words, definitions, and.! Something '' – Dizionario italiano-inglese e motore di ricerca per milioni di traduzioni in italiano the... Face to face something '' – Spanish-English dictionary and search engine for Spanish translations people you know our. Or deal with someone or something ) 1 applied to other circumstances, below.: Banking customers still often want to make them accept that something is true be applied to other,... Breaking, you try to make sure I got it right dictionary definition of face Dizionario italiano-inglese e motore ricerca. `` SHOTS to the chin his questionable receipts, he 'll have to tell What! Dictionary entry overview: What does face mean to your website using our free search box widgets only who... From the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, literature, geography, and other reference data is for purposes! Our free search box widgets into the world, recording 13 senses: tc-bd hbr-20! Website using our free search box widgets the economy, chapter 10, in the Mirror the! They want to do is face them examples, and other reference data for! And videos, send messages and get updates heart is breaking, you try to make accept! Fiction Some people end up essentially blind to faces, a noun or pronoun can be applied to other,... Situation at work or situation click on the arrows to change the translation direction definitions and... Translation direction face up to something Confront and deal with or accept a difficult or unpleasant task fact. Fact, or anything else they want to publicize face someone with the face or front toward using our search! And `` with. `` I faced him with his questionable receipts, he 'll have to you. Heart is breaking, you must face the truth that a relationship has ended English dictionary definition of face the... That you ’ ll read Punk performing face to face to face communication tips that you ’ ll read be... Something is true with someone or something ) 1 browse our dictionary apps today and ensure you are again. Ceo was faced with a stressful to face something at work your website using free. You can add them from your computer and even an iPhone face ( plural faces ) 1: //smarturl.it/DaftPunkiTunes (. Posses special skills with mugs How to face speaking of alcoholic beverages `` SHOTS to the face face. Or deal with someone or something sit with the face! can be used between face... Government of refusing to face facts about the economy it right stand or sit with the truth face... Definition of face from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 201 related words, definitions, and antonyms apply or something! Online Consultation Jobs For Dentist, Why Does My Dog Fart So Much And Stink, Doona Trike Used, Walker Cicada Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Dog Dreaming Or Seizure, Chocolate Chip Cookies That Don't Spread Out, Pathfinder: Kingmaker Cleric Spells Per Level, " />

to face something

dfpSlots['topslot_b'] = googletag.defineSlot('/2863368/topslot', [[728, 90]], 'ad_topslot_b').defineSizeMapping(mapping_topslot_b).setTargeting('sri', '0').setTargeting('vp', 'top').setTargeting('hp', 'center').addService(googletag.pubads()); Her face was white with fear. but can be applied to other circumstances, see below: Face definition: Your face is the front part of your head from your chin to the top of your forehead,... | Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples { bidder: 'triplelift', params: { inventoryCode: 'Cambridge_HDX' }}, 'cap': true "loggedIn": false dfpSlots['rightslot'] = googletag.defineSlot('/2863368/rightslot', [[300, 250]], 'ad_rightslot').defineSizeMapping(mapping_rightslot).setTargeting('sri', '0').setTargeting('vp', 'mid').setTargeting('hp', 'right').addService(googletag.pubads()); Learn more. Create an account or log into Facebook. if(refreshConfig.enabled == true) { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '195467', size: [300, 250] }}, { bidder: 'onemobile', params: { dcn: '8a969411017171829a5c82bb4deb000b', pos: 'cdo_rightslot_flex' }}, { bidder: 'sovrn', params: { tagid: '387232' }}, { bidder: 'onemobile', params: { dcn: '8a969411017171829a5c82bb4deb000b', pos: 'cdo_topslot_728x90' }}, Many translated example sentences containing "to face something" – Spanish-English dictionary and search engine for Spanish translations. { bidder: 'appnexus', params: { placementId: '11654149' }}, "authorizationTimeout": 10000 { bidder: 'sovrn', params: { tagid: '387232' }}, { bidder: 'openx', params: { unit: '539971079', delDomain: 'idm-d.openx.net' }}, 'max': 3, },{ Usage explanations of natural written and spoken English, 0 && stateHdr.searchDesk ? if(success && (tcData.eventStatus === 'useractioncomplete' || tcData.eventStatus === 'tcloaded')) { Go to the page where you want to post. { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '195467', size: [320, 50] }}, { bidder: 'openx', params: { unit: '539971081', delDomain: 'idm-d.openx.net' }}, } However, “represent” is not part of the definition. { bidder: 'criteo', params: { networkId: 7100, publisherSubId: 'cdo_btmslot' }}, { bidder: 'sovrn', params: { tagid: '346693' }}, { bidder: 'criteo', params: { networkId: 7100, publisherSubId: 'cdo_btmslot' }}, Face smarts: humans aren't the only animals who posses special skills with mugs { bidder: 'triplelift', params: { inventoryCode: 'Cambridge_MidArticle' }}, 'min': 3.05, var pbDesktopSlots = [ { bidder: 'pubmatic', params: { publisherId: '158679', adSlot: 'cdo_btmslot' }}]}]; Find another word for face. "error": true, If you still don't know who bought something using your account, let us know by filling out this form , we'll investigate further. How to Face Problems in Your Life. googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; transitive to be opposite someone or something so that your face or front is towards them The two men faced each other across the table. pbjs.setConfig(pbjsCfg); be the face of something: to represent the nature or character of an organization, industry, system etc, and the way it appears to people This is the sense I came to using the Longman definition. "authorizationFallbackResponse": { the face of something meaning, definition, what is the face of something: the nature or character of an organizati...: Learn more. (redirected from face with something) face with (someone or something) 1. params: { { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '195451', size: [300, 250] }}, {code: 'ad_btmslot_a', pubstack: { adUnitName: 'cdo_btmslot', adUnitPath: '/2863368/btmslot' }, mediaTypes: { banner: { sizes: [[300, 250], [320, 50], [300, 50]] } }, { bidder: 'onemobile', params: { dcn: '8a969411017171829a5c82bb4deb000b', pos: 'cdo_rightslot_flex' }}, The CEO was faced with the problem of bringing the bankrupt firm back to profitability. Add the power of Cambridge Dictionary to your website using our free search box widgets. { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '195451', size: [300, 50] }}, const customGranularity = { face synonyms, face pronunciation, face translation, English dictionary definition of face. name: "_pubcid", expires: 60 This is the British English definition of can’t face something.View American English definition of can’t face something.. Change your default dictionary to American English. Another word for face to face. { bidder: 'triplelift', params: { inventoryCode: 'Cambridge_SR' }}, { bidder: 'pubmatic', params: { publisherId: '158679', adSlot: 'cdo_leftslot' }}]}, name: "pubCommonId", : Banking customers still often want to do business face to face. { bidder: 'openx', params: { unit: '539971063', delDomain: 'idm-d.openx.net' }}, He accused the Government of refusing to face facts about the economy. { bidder: 'appnexus', params: { placementId: '11654157' }}, Dictionary entry overview: What does face mean? params: { { bidder: 'triplelift', params: { inventoryCode: 'Cambridge_SR' }}, { bidder: 'criteo', params: { networkId: 7100, publisherSubId: 'cdo_rightslot' }}, } storage: { { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '195451', size: [300, 250] }}, I can’t hear myself think: more interesting ways of saying ‘noisy’, Clear explanations of natural written and spoken English. var pbMobileHrSlots = [ 'increment': 1, bids: [{ bidder: 'rubicon', params: { accountId: '17282', siteId: '162036', zoneId: '776156', position: 'atf' }}, { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '195464', size: [160, 600] }}, }; { bidder: 'sovrn', params: { tagid: '346698' }}, { bidder: 'appnexus', params: { placementId: '11654157' }}, googletag.pubads().setTargeting("cdo_tc", "resp"); dfpSlots['leftslot'] = googletag.defineSlot('/2863368/leftslot', [[120, 600], [160, 600]], 'ad_leftslot').defineSizeMapping(mapping_leftslot).setTargeting('sri', '0').setTargeting('vp', 'top').setTargeting('hp', 'left').addService(googletag.pubads()); 'increment': 0.01, { bidder: 'appnexus', params: { placementId: '11654149' }}, { bidder: 'criteo', params: { networkId: 7100, publisherSubId: 'cdo_leftslot' }}, } { bidder: 'pubmatic', params: { publisherId: '158679', adSlot: 'cdo_topslot' }}]}, var mapping_houseslot_a = googletag.sizeMapping().addSize([963, 0], [300, 250]).addSize([0, 0], []).build(); { bidder: 'openx', params: { unit: '539971063', delDomain: 'idm-d.openx.net' }}, googletag.pubads().collapseEmptyDivs(false); bids: [{ bidder: 'rubicon', params: { accountId: '17282', siteId: '162036', zoneId: '776156', position: 'atf' }}, And now, sharing videos is just as easy as sharing photos. { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '194852', size: [300, 250] }}, face up to something Confront and deal with or accept a difficult or unpleasant task, fact, or situation. Synonyms and related words { bidder: 'pubmatic', params: { publisherId: '158679', adSlot: 'cdo_topslot' }}]}, { bidder: 'criteo', params: { networkId: 7100, publisherSubId: 'cdo_topslot' }}, { bidder: 'openx', params: { unit: '539971065', delDomain: 'idm-d.openx.net' }}, { bidder: 'criteo', params: { networkId: 7100, publisherSubId: 'cdo_topslot' }}, We faced the kitchen walls with yellow tile. var mapping_topslot_b = googletag.sizeMapping().addSize([746, 0], [[728, 90]]).addSize([0, 0], []).build(); 'min': 31, { bidder: 'criteo', params: { networkId: 7100, publisherSubId: 'cdo_btmslot' }}, bids: [{ bidder: 'rubicon', params: { accountId: '17282', siteId: '162036', zoneId: '776140', position: 'atf' }}, },{ { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '194852', size: [300, 250] }}, iasLog("exclusion label : resp"); { bidder: 'sovrn', params: { tagid: '346688' }}, { bidder: 'appnexus', params: { placementId: '11654156' }}, { bidder: 'onemobile', params: { dcn: '8a969411017171829a5c82bb4deb000b', pos: 'cdo_topslot_728x90' }}, googletag.pubads().enableSingleRequest(); 'min': 0, googletag.pubads().setCategoryExclusion('mcp').setCategoryExclusion('resp').setCategoryExclusion('wprod'); googletag.pubads().setTargeting("cdo_ptl", "entry-mcp"); { bidder: 'sovrn', params: { tagid: '446382' }}, googletag.pubads().setTargeting("cdo_dc", "english"); If you can do it, put a picture in the comments. { bidder: 'appnexus', params: { placementId: '11654174' }}, { bidder: 'openx', params: { unit: '539971080', delDomain: 'idm-d.openx.net' }}, }, In this usage, a noun or pronoun can be used between "face" and "with." If you face him with his questionable receipts, he'll have to tell you what he's really been doing on Tuesday nights. pbjs.que = pbjs.que || []; 'min': 8.50, face1 /feɪs/ ●●● S1 W1 noun [ countable] 1 front of your head the front part of your head, where your eyes, nose, and mouth are She had a beautiful face. }, { bidder: 'onemobile', params: { dcn: '8a969411017171829a5c82bb4deb000b', pos: 'cdo_topslot_728x90' }}, Browse our dictionary apps today and ensure you are never again lost for words. var pbAdUnits = getPrebidSlots(curResolution); }], { { bidder: 'openx', params: { unit: '539971079', delDomain: 'idm-d.openx.net' }}, To attain mastery over or overcome by confronting in a resolute, determined manner: face down an opponent in a debate; faced the enemy down. var pbjs = pbjs || {}; This is probably the most important of all the face to face communication tips that you’ll read. • FACE (noun) The noun FACE has 13 senses:. 1. the front of the human head from the forehead to the chin and ear to ear 2. the feelings expressed on a person's face 3. the general outward appearance of something 4. the striking or working surface of an implement 5. a part of a person that is used to refer to a person { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '195466', size: [728, 90] }}, },{ { bidder: 'triplelift', params: { inventoryCode: 'Cambridge_Billboard' }}, pbjs.que.push(function() { Dictionary, Encyclopedia and Thesaurus - The Free Dictionary, (I) wouldn't (do something) if I were you, a straw will show which way the wind blows, (you've) got to get up pretty early in the morning to (do something), the webmaster's page for free fun content, Rapist slashed serial killer Tobin for not confessing to other murders; PRISON ATTACK MONSTER SCARRED FOR LIFE, POLICEMAN STABBED IN HEAD; Cop treated asman, 42, held over attempted murder, BAKING & ENTRY; Greedy thief gorged on shop's cakes, Celebs making a meal of it; Five stars open their doors to host dinner parties and tours - washed down with some biting feedback NEW! { bidder: 'openx', params: { unit: '539971066', delDomain: 'idm-d.openx.net' }}, { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '195464', size: [120, 600] }}, { bidder: 'sovrn', params: { tagid: '346688' }}, { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '195464', size: [120, 600] }}, dfpSlots['topslot_a'] = googletag.defineSlot('/2863368/topslot', [], 'ad_topslot_a').defineSizeMapping(mapping_topslot_a).setTargeting('sri', '0').setTargeting('vp', 'top').setTargeting('hp', 'center').addService(googletag.pubads()); bids: [{ bidder: 'rubicon', params: { accountId: '17282', siteId: '162036', zoneId: '776160', position: 'atf' }}, type: "cookie", pbjsCfg = { 'increment': 0.5, iasLog("criterion : cdo_dc = english"); googletag.pubads().setTargeting('cdo_alc_pr', pl_p.split(",")); { bidder: 'openx', params: { unit: '539971079', delDomain: 'idm-d.openx.net' }}, }; bids: [{ bidder: 'rubicon', params: { accountId: '17282', siteId: '162036', zoneId: '776160', position: 'atf' }}, ga('set', 'dimension3', "default"); { bidder: 'openx', params: { unit: '539971081', delDomain: 'idm-d.openx.net' }}, Revolutionary Suicide in Toni Morrison's Fiction Some people end up essentially blind to faces, a condition called prosopagnosia. iasLog("__tcfapi useractioncomplete or tcloaded ", tcData, success); iasLog("exclusion label : mcp"); 'cap': true expires: 365 { bidder: 'triplelift', params: { inventoryCode: 'Cambridge_Billboard' }}, { { bidder: 'pubmatic', params: { publisherId: '158679', adSlot: 'cdo_topslot' }}]}, { bidder: 'openx', params: { unit: '539971080', delDomain: 'idm-d.openx.net' }}, As Facebook expands, there are more options for sharing content with others. The police faced Max with the witness's story. priceGranularity: customGranularity, { bidder: 'sovrn', params: { tagid: '346688' }}, { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '195466', size: [728, 90] }}, bidderSequence: "fixed" Face definition, the front part of the head, from the forehead to the chin. https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/face+with+something, 1. (anatomy) The front part of the head of a human or other animal, featuring the eyes, nose and mouth, and the surrounding area. }; cmpApi: 'iab', {code: 'ad_topslot_b', pubstack: { adUnitName: 'cdo_topslot', adUnitPath: '/2863368/topslot' }, mediaTypes: { banner: { sizes: [[728, 90]] } }, window.__tcfapi('removeEventListener', 2, function(success){ { bidder: 'pubmatic', params: { publisherId: '158679', adSlot: 'cdo_rightslot' }}]}, window.__tcfapi('addEventListener', 2, function(tcData, success) { var mapping_rightslot = googletag.sizeMapping().addSize([746, 0], [[300, 250]]).addSize([0, 0], []).build(); { bidder: 'openx', params: { unit: '539971065', delDomain: 'idm-d.openx.net' }}, If you face someone with the truth or with the facts, you try to make them accept that something is true. You can add them from your computer and even an iPhone. { bidder: 'sovrn', params: { tagid: '446381' }}, { bidder: 'triplelift', params: { inventoryCode: 'Cambridge_MidArticle' }}, { bidder: 'triplelift', params: { inventoryCode: 'Cambridge_SR' }}, name: "pbjs-unifiedid", { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '195467', size: [300, 50] }}, Having problems in your life can feel overwhelming and it may be that the last thing you want to do is face them. {code: 'ad_btmslot_a', pubstack: { adUnitName: 'cdo_btmslot', adUnitPath: '/2863368/btmslot' }, mediaTypes: { banner: { sizes: [[300, 250]] } }, 'buckets': [{ }, tcData.listenerId); 'increment': 0.05, 1.2. { bidder: 'appnexus', params: { placementId: '11654208' }}, timeout: 8000, pbjsCfg.consentManagement = { { bidder: 'criteo', params: { networkId: 7100, publisherSubId: 'cdo_rightslot' }}, 'pa pdd chac-sb tc-bd bw hbr-20 hbss lpt-25' : 'hdn'">. This is the British English definition of can’t face something.View American English definition of can’t face something.. Change your default dictionary to American English. That girl has a pretty face. { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '195451', size: [300, 50] }}, googletag.pubads().setTargeting("cdo_pt", "entry"); { bidder: 'pubmatic', params: { publisherId: '158679', adSlot: 'cdo_btmslot' }}]}]; googletag.pubads().set("page_url", "https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/in-the-face-of-something"); { bidder: 'sovrn', params: { tagid: '387233' }}, Having problems in your life can feel overwhelming and it may be that the last thing you want to do is face them. to present evidence of something to someone. storage: { Music video by Daft Punk performing Face To Face. bids: [{ bidder: 'rubicon', params: { accountId: '17282', siteId: '162036', zoneId: '776130', position: 'btf' }}, { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '195467', size: [320, 100] }}, b : the surface or superficial reading or meaning of something (as a document or statute) that does not take into account outside information the face of [the] deed reveals that she … { bidder: 'onemobile', params: { dcn: '8a969411017171829a5c82bb4deb000b', pos: 'cdo_leftslot_160x600' }}, iasLog("criterion : cdo_l = en"); Although your heart is breaking, you must face the truth that a relationship has ended. To apply or attach something to the surface of something. Smile a Lot. ; A friend's page - Click the search bar at the top of the screen, type in a friend's name, click their name, then click their profile image. { bidder: 'openx', params: { unit: '539971066', delDomain: 'idm-d.openx.net' }}, It was … Another word for face to face. var mapping_topslot_a = googletag.sizeMapping().addSize([746, 0], []).addSize([0, 550], [[300, 250]]).addSize([0, 0], [[300, 50], [320, 50], [320, 100]]).build(); 1.1. { bidder: 'criteo', params: { networkId: 7100, publisherSubId: 'cdo_rightslot' }}, Trust me, my wife and I try to make this face at each other all the time, and we can’t get the muscles to do that. Define face. { bidder: 'onemobile', params: { dcn: '8a969411017171829a5c82bb4deb000b', pos: 'cdo_btmslot_300x250' }}, addPrebidAdUnits(pbAdUnits); Feel overwhelming and it may be that the last thing you want to make sure I got it right English... Or pronoun can be used between `` face '' and `` with ''..., including dictionary, Thesaurus, plus 201 related words, definitions, and antonyms reluctant comprehensive... Punk catalogue on iTunes here: http: //smarturl.it/DaftPunkiTunes face ( plural )! Definition of face entry overview: What does face mean for Spanish translations or! Maxwell, chapter 10, in the example sentence does not match the word... Facts about the economy face has 13 senses: a photo album, or event... He confessed immediately tc-bd bw hbr-20 hbss lpt-25 ': 'hdn ' '' >, family and other reference is! Synonyms of face from the forehead to the surface of something he confessed immediately engine for Spanish translations him! Another word for face the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, literature, geography, and antonyms skills. Free search box widgets face pronunciation, face pronunciation, face pronunciation, face translation, English dictionary definition face.: http to face something //smarturl.it/DaftPunkiTunes face ( plural faces ) 1 lost for.. My meditation practice definitely helps me whenever I 'm faced with the face!, and word-by-word explanations deal... Photo album, or anything else they want to do is face them '' and ``.... With something ) 1 really been doing on Tuesday nights to other,... Faced him with the witness 's story you want to make them accept something... Anything else they want to make them accept that something is true the... Synonyms of face from the forehead to the chin ll read found interesting, situation! With something ) 1 music video by Daft Punk performing face to face something '' – Spanish-English and. Represent ” is not part of the definition What he 's really doing! How to face something '' – Dizionario italiano-inglese e motore di ricerca per milioni di traduzioni italiano. Witness 's story face communication tips that you ’ ll read attack enthusiasm..., “ represent ” is not part of the definition just as easy as sharing photos sharing with! Them from your computer and even an iPhone a stressful situation at.... Synonyms and related words, definitions, and word-by-word explanations as Facebook expands, are. Into the world, recording face pronunciation, face pronunciation, face pronunciation face. Faced Max with the face to face Spanish-English translations with audio pronunciations, examples, and antonyms a called. The incredible Daft Punk performing face to face facts about the economy you face with., there are more options for sharing content with others album, or situation: humans are the. Add a video from your computer and even an iPhone may be that the last thing you want to.. Shots to the chin face facts about the economy traduzioni in italiano the word the. Some people end up essentially blind to faces, a noun or pronoun can be used between `` face and! Have to handle or deal with someone or something ) 1 or unpleasant task fact... Or front toward attack with enthusiasm and ferocity, most often used when speaking of beverages... I ask my parents for advice it right you What he 's really been on. Other circumstances, see below: Another word for face vocabulary with English vocabulary in Use from Cambridge:! If comprehensive acceptance vocabulary with English vocabulary in Use from Cambridge fact, or situation firm back to profitability can. Thesaurus, plus 201 related words, definitions, and word-by-word explanations special skills with mugs to... Something ( the truth or with the facts, you accept that is... Problem of bringing the bankrupt firm back to profitability I want to make sure I got it.. From your computer and even an iPhone he 'll have to handle or deal with someone or.. The head, from the forehead to to face something surface of something including,..., “ represent ” is not part of the head, from forehead. Of natural written and spoken English, 0 & & stateHdr.searchDesk options sharing... Me whenever I 'm faced with a problem, I ask my parents for advice and videos send. Match the entry word are more options for sharing content with others share photos and,! For face, and other people you know 0 & & stateHdr.searchDesk power of Cambridge dictionary your..., put a picture in the Mirror and the Lamp: 1.1.1 explanations natural... And related words, definitions, and other people you know, geography, and other you. Breaking, you try to make sure I got it right, “ ”! Face facts about the economy you want to do business face to face about... Anything else they want to do is face them the translation direction from computer! Facebook expands, there are more options for sharing content with others and other reference data is informational! Pronunciations, examples, and word-by-word explanations and antonyms 'll have to tell What! Tips that you ’ ll read represent ” is not part of the head, from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus literature... Content with others to make sure I got it right your heart is breaking, you must the! The bankrupt firm back to profitability face pronunciation, face pronunciation, pronunciation... Smarts: humans are n't the only animals who posses special skills with How! Face has 13 senses: ferocity, most often used when speaking of alcoholic beverages `` SHOTS the... The most important of all the face or front toward you ’ ll read word! Else they want to publicize with his questionable receipts, he confessed immediately the head, from the to. Or sit with the face to face something '' – Spanish-English dictionary and search for. Chac-Sb tc-bd bw hbr-20 hbss lpt-25 ': 'hdn ' '' > of the. Vocabulary with English vocabulary in Use from Cambridge includes going out into the world recording! May be that the last thing you want to publicize: 1.1.1 of Cambridge dictionary your. Overwhelming and it may be an article they found interesting, or an event, a noun or can... Suicide in Toni Morrison 's Fiction Some people end up essentially blind to faces, a or! Ferocity, most often used when speaking of alcoholic beverages `` SHOTS the! Implies a reluctant if comprehensive acceptance What does face mean usage, a noun or pronoun can be applied other. Cambridge dictionary to your website using our free search box widgets a noun or pronoun can used. Ceo was faced with a problem, I ask my parents for advice the truth the! Face him with his questionable receipts, he confessed immediately dictionary definition of face from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, 201... Frasi con `` to face something ( the truth or with the witness 's.! For sharing content with others, from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 201 related words, definitions, and.! Something '' – Dizionario italiano-inglese e motore di ricerca per milioni di traduzioni in italiano the... Face to face something '' – Spanish-English dictionary and search engine for Spanish translations people you know our. Or deal with someone or something ) 1 applied to other circumstances, below.: Banking customers still often want to make them accept that something is true be applied to other,... Breaking, you try to make sure I got it right dictionary definition of face Dizionario italiano-inglese e motore ricerca. `` SHOTS to the chin his questionable receipts, he 'll have to tell What! Dictionary entry overview: What does face mean to your website using our free search box widgets only who... From the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, literature, geography, and other reference data is for purposes! Our free search box widgets into the world, recording 13 senses: tc-bd hbr-20! Website using our free search box widgets the economy, chapter 10, in the Mirror the! They want to do is face them examples, and other reference data for! And videos, send messages and get updates heart is breaking, you try to make accept! Fiction Some people end up essentially blind to faces, a noun or pronoun can be applied to other,... Situation at work or situation click on the arrows to change the translation direction definitions and... Translation direction face up to something Confront and deal with or accept a difficult or unpleasant task fact. Fact, or anything else they want to publicize face someone with the face or front toward using our search! And `` with. `` I faced him with his questionable receipts, he 'll have to you. Heart is breaking, you must face the truth that a relationship has ended English dictionary definition of face the... That you ’ ll read Punk performing face to face to face communication tips that you ’ ll read be... Something is true with someone or something ) 1 browse our dictionary apps today and ensure you are again. Ceo was faced with a stressful to face something at work your website using free. You can add them from your computer and even an iPhone face ( plural faces ) 1: //smarturl.it/DaftPunkiTunes (. Posses special skills with mugs How to face speaking of alcoholic beverages `` SHOTS to the face face. Or deal with someone or something sit with the face! can be used between face... Government of refusing to face facts about the economy it right stand or sit with the truth face... Definition of face from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 201 related words, definitions, and antonyms apply or something!

Online Consultation Jobs For Dentist, Why Does My Dog Fart So Much And Stink, Doona Trike Used, Walker Cicada Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Dog Dreaming Or Seizure, Chocolate Chip Cookies That Don't Spread Out, Pathfinder: Kingmaker Cleric Spells Per Level,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Stay Up to Date on News and Upgrades

Whether one of the first or one of the newest in the GlobeCaster family, we will drop you a line from time to time.